Anyhow, here's my snippets card for this fortnight:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- image from the Crafters Companion 'Baby Bamboo' stamp set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink - this adorable stamp set was a gift from Val some time ago, and it's a real joy to use!
- I also stamped 'Wish upon a star...' from the same set - plus the letters for the word 'BABY' much further up on the piece of white card I was using
- then coloured the image and word 'BABY' using Promarkers
- used a die from the brilliant The Works 'Stitched Squares' set of dies to cut out the image with its sentiment
- then glued the image onto a snippet of blue card
- had already picked out a couple of patterned snippet strips for colour matching so they were trimmed and glued to the top and the bottom of the card. They were tucked in the back of a lovely paper pad which came free with QCME magazine ages ago (called 'Let's Fly'). As always, I left some overhang at either side of the strips and then trimmed them down from the back so they were flush with the card front
- then glued the image panel to the card front
- added a tickle of clear Wink of Stella to the small stars
- cut out the 'BABY' letters and fixed them to the image panel using little thin sticky pad pieces - finished!
I loved using this sweet set of stamps - all we need now is for someone to have a baby! And, of course the stitched square dies are such fun to use - there are eight in the set and the largest one is an impressive 'almost' 4.5" across!
As is often the case, no need to really spell out what this fortnight's prize is made up of:
Val kindly sent me a set for the toy box as well as mine!) - plus from me there's a set of The Works 'Stitched Squares' dies. The stamp set is made of unmounted rubber but is easy peasy to snip into relevant pieces and I adhere mine onto the Misti by swiping a stripe or two of removable glue runner across the back of the stamp when setting it in place. It easily wipes off the rubber and the Misti with a baby wipe. Plus, I found this in the toy box as well - a Bow-Easy bow maker:
I will split the stamps, dies and the bow maker if you only wish to play for one or two parts of the prize - but feel free to play for it all as a single bundle :)
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks from now on and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 8th July. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is all three items together as a single prize, unless you really do only want to try for a 'split' - in which case I'd do a further draw for the other item(s). Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (the Clearly Besotted 'elephant stamps and dies' and the Spellbinders Borderabilities dies) plus my picks from the past two weeks.
Once again, it's the monthly Rudolph Days challenge over at ScrappyMo's. Time to make a Christmas card girls!
Love from Parsnip and of course from me,