As always, a huge thank you to everyone who came to play this past fortnight - loads of gorgeous entries. And a really massive thank you to Megan for her sterling work commenting as well. It was such a help - huge hugs from me Megan!
This is my quite plain and simple snippets card for the coming fortnight - I made it before skipping away for the long weekend so kept it easy peasy:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- snippet of white card stock, trimmed to just slightly smaller than the card front
- snippet of green card, die cut using one of the dies from the Spellbinders 'Borderabilities A2 - Curved Borders One' set. A set I'd kept forgetting I even had!
- glued the curved green die cut piece to the bottom of the card allowing the side edges to overhang - then just snipped those flush with the side of the piece of white card from the back which ensures a straight cut
- then found snippets of mauve, turquoise and pink card onto which I stamped little elephants, with separate ears in a contrasting pattern - using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Clearly Besotted 'Baby Shower II' set of stamps
- then used the matching set of Clearly Besotted dies to cut out the elephants and their ears - following the 'cut a template for positioning of a die' method I often mention - and set them aside for a minute
- then stamped the 'Jumbo hugs' message on the front panel using one of the two sentiments in the stamp set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- fixed the panel to the card front with a sandwich of white fun foam in between
- finally added the three little elephants along the green border using pieces of thin sticky pads, and added their ears using little snippets of sticky pad
The Clearly Besotted stamp set is a fairly recent acquisition - at last their store has re-opened after Stephanie took time out. To be honest I suspect she was plain exhausted - but I'm so glad they're up and running again with her sister at the helm. They have lots of new stock, sadly for us it's selling out fast too but these little elephants just called for me to buy them :) The set is perfect for baby shower cards but I think the 'Jumbo hugs' sentiment I used is nice and versatile - plus elephants can so easily be mixed and matched with other sentiment stamps. And of course the ears could have been contrasting colours - but this was my first play plus I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't go too mad!
As I said, I've badly neglected the Borderabilities dies - shame on me! A lot of people use them vertically down cards and the results can be fabulous.
As is often the case, no need to really spell out what this fortnight's prize is made up of:
I bought my own set of the Borderabilities dies ages ago and am sure that Spellbinders dies are now more competitively priced than they used to be - certainly the place I just bought this set from was doing good prices :)
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks from now on and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 24th June. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is both items together as a single prize, unless you really do only want to try for a 'split' - in which case I'd do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (the Avery Elle dies and the W Plus 9 Doodlebuds stamps) plus my picks from the past two weeks - as well as another lovely guest designer too!
Love from Parsnip and of course from me,