Sunday 13 March 2016

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 220

Yay, and another week just whizzed past! Really mixed weather here in the Playground too, everything from high winds, rain, hailstones, snow (just a few flakes) and then misty mornings followed by a good bit of sunshine.

Here's my snippets card for this week, based on a design I saw on the internet, although I can't trace who originally made it:
I used:

- 4" x 5.75" white card blank, opening on the short side for a change

- snippet of mossy green Core'dinations card stock for the backing layer, I used the non-textured side for the front

- snippet of SU's 'Real Red' card stock, topped with a snippet of Echo Park's 'Hello Summer' spotted paper

- the image is by House Mouse called 'Jelly Bean Nap', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured in using Pro Markers

- die cut the image with a Spellbinders 'Labels Eight' die and backed it with a snippet of SU's 'Marina Mist' (created by drawing round the outer edge of the die and fussy cutting round the shape)

- wrapped a snippet of brownish ribbon round the layers of coloured/patterned card before gluing them to the card front

- topped it off with the layered image then added a bow, using the glue gun

The image was such fun to colour, I chose the snippet of spotty paper before touching the Pro Markers in order to pick out the same colours. The card was originally made as a 6" x 6" size but the end result had way too much of the mossy green card above and below the right hand end of the image panel. Went over various ideas to fill the space, none of which would have been right. So, in the end I lopped off the top and bottom of the card instead :)

Onto the weekly 'peek at the picks':

I love this card, made by Chris. Such a wonderful background topped with the trellis - and those butterflies are just fabulous!

Love, love this card - made by Maura. Wonderful background here too topped with the lovely blossom and that sweet bird, it just oozes Springtime to me.

Carol brought this card to show, and it uses several snippets of course. The little touches which really caught my eye are that wonderful strip of embossed hearts (one to remember!) - plus how clever to pick out the three hearts on the little snail in that cute image and then echo them in the hearts strip. It's all in the detail! :)

This fabulous card was brought to show by Brenda - just prior to a little trip to the theatre for a date with a surgeon :( Hope you're recovering well Brenda! LOVE the bronze, butterfly and buttons on this beautifully made card and of course one of Brenda's trademark bows - everything about it is just so perfect.

As you know, I'm trying to keep time spent at the desk down a bit so will be trying to stick with three or so picks - this week it's actually five picks and this final one just rocked me on my heels!

A few of you have already been over to Cara's blog to comment and it would be just fabulous if more of you went to have a peek. Of course you can then enlarge the image for a closer look as well - and then you'll see that every single element in this row of flowers has been individually paper pieced! A huge double-wow from me for patience Cara - it's gorgeous!

We had no new Playmates this week, although with 63 entries the Playground was still busy of course. I heard more chinking of glasses so goodness knows what Sarn's celebrating now!

Time for the prize draw here now. We had the LOTV 'Heartfelt' paper pad, LOTV 'Bunnies' Art Pad and a set of Spellbinders Labels Eighteen dies as the prize(s) if you recall. And our winner is also, purely by coincidence, one of of my picks this week:
I've checked back in my little black book and also this blog Chris, and am sure this is your first prize win in the Playground - yay! Can you please drop me an email with your postal address and I'll send your prize off as soon as possible this coming week. My email address is on the right hand sidebar BTW.

Now here's this coming week's prize(s) - a two-parter.
Linked to today's snippets card - it's a House Mouse 'Jelly Bean Nap' stamp, just like I used today. Plus, a lovely set of dies kindly donated by Barb, called 'Frames and Tags - Refined Rectangular Frame' - Sizes: 102mm x 64mm (Frame) & 59mm x 23mm (Tag) - made by Creative Expressions and designed by Sue Wilson. Thanks so much Barb - someone is going to love these really pretty dies!

The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 19th March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

A maximum of ONE entry (just to remind you!) and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either the House Mouse stamp or the really great die set then just say so in a comment - if your number comes up then I'll do a further draw for the remaining part(s) of the prize. But, both items are up as one complete prize if you so wish of course. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Di and, of course, Parsnip!
x

70 comments:

  1. Good morning Di,such a cute stamp today...jelly bean heaven for those dear Housemice. Your card showcases it so perfectly with the lovely paper and bow...beautiful work.Lovely inspiring work from all the picks and a double celebration for Chris...well done! Another fab prize and yes please count me in. I shall be back later to share my entry for this week. Hope you are staying well? Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being one of your picks this week Di and totally approve of your others as well, some real beauties there.

    Crafting is coming is short bursts at the mo but hope to be back with something in a day or so.

    Not sure I should tell tales and don't want anyone to get stuck on the naughty step so mentioning no names. Suffice to say I might not have made it to the tree house but I got a real good supply of contraband coming through last week, will leave the culprit to your imagination.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Di - happy Sunday - was out of action last week but so enjoy your Sunday morning posts. Great cards and a good read. Have a great day. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really cute Di, I love the House Mouse stamps! As always, you have chosen some gorgeous cards this week for us all to take inspiration from.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Di, the patterned paper looks great with those many-colour jellybeans. Thanks again for another snippets challenge and count me in for the prize : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Di and I'll be in the playground later in the week. I would love a chance of winning this week's prize.
    Great picks this week too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Easter card, Di! And love all your pics, all these ladies have made wonderful cards! Congrats to the winner, too!
    Have a Great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this pretty card - who doesn't love House Mouse (and Smarties or jellybeans)!! Could I please have my name in the hat for just the stamp as I already have that die set - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards by all. I loved Maura card very much. YES, please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely Di. What a lovely stamp that is I'm sure it's fun to colour in too. Congratulations to Chris on her win and again the cards you have spotlighted this week are beauties. I'll have to pop back later with mine. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cute House Mouse images and this one is such fun! You have managed to match the colours beautifully too. Some fabulous picks again this week and congratulations to Craftychris for winning that great prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Di, made me think of wallowing in a bath of Smarties (not that I've ever tried it, you understand). Really jaw droppingly fab picks this week! Yes please to the draw this week
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Di. I'd just decided what I was going to write and then I've read Jane's comment above and that covers all I wanted to say. Smarties came straight to mind:). I'd love to play this week for a chance of winning the dies. Thank you. Sandra x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable, Di! Such a cute stamp and I love how you coloured the jellybeans! Congrats to all the picks and to the lucky winner as well! I enjoyed looking at of the gorgeous cards! Maura's really caught my eye - love it! I just linked up my snippets cards - lots of die-cuts so lots of snippets used! I'm a yes for the prize - thanks so much for your generosity! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to take a nap in jelly beans! Your card is yummy,Di!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgous card Di and such a fabulous little House Mouse stamp - we'll have to make sure the secret stash of jelly beans is well hidden or it may give Parsnip ideas!
    Wonderful picks this week and congrats to Chris on her win.
    Nearly forgot to say I'm only playing for fun this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to have to try to play along this week with those wonderful prizes.
    Love your card Di and that little mouse is adorable sitting on top of all the jelly beans. I would have already eaten them! I do love jelly beans!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking at that mice napping brought smile to my face. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, Di! That stamp is so adorable. I was very excited to see it's part of the prize. Definitely interested in a chance at the prizes :) I shall return with my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh thank you so much! I am honoured to be a 'pick' among such wonderful cards! And to win the awesome prize too! Wow! How lucky am I! Thank you sooooo much! Your card is wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for featuring me. Your card is so cute. I'll be back later in the week for a play on the swings. Apparently I've got to have an early night now. Have a great week, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant card Di, great image and great choice of colours.
    Some lovely picks this week and I have to say, well first of all, that you know me and paper piecing, love it, secondly I have got that Woodware flower stamp and there is no way in a month of Sundays that I would ever attempt to paper piece it, so it is either Cara goes to the top of the class or she needs locking up. I'd say top of the class.
    Have a good week my friend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun card Di. Love that image with the multi-coloured jelly beans. Yummy!! And great picks too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry I'm late, Miss, but I'm here now! Just uploaded my entry.

    Fab make (who DOESN'T love smarties?) and selection. Just playing for fun this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  25. SUPER looking House Mouse card Miss. Great colouring and a pretty ribbon to boot! FAB.

    Love all your picks, and congrats to Chris on her win.

    Will be back with a Snippets Make as soon as humanly possible and WILL be playing to win this week cuz I don't have that lovely stamp or that beautiful die set.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Di! Always so fun to see my card pop up on someone else's blog! Congrats to the other top picks too - lovely assortment of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I linked up my card and yes, I would be in the draw for the prizes :D
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummmy card, I LOVE jelly beans;) Great picks too!
    Yes please to be in your draw for your fab goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, some wonderful picks this week, miss, what very clever playmates we have in the playground.... Been to visit a few as you say well worth it.
    Must admit the playground is much tamer these days with one entry a week :)
    Love your card with cute jelly beaned out mouse on it.. Great work.
    Will decline the stamp though as I have a similar one and its underused. However will put my hand up for dies as they would useful indeed.
    Take care, Di, do hope you're keeping well...or better than you hope. Thanks for all your work in the playground. Bit of a shock the news about Julai wasn't it, been praying for her, she was really on my heart last night.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love jelly beans and obviously so does this little mouse! Darling card, Di! And how I enjoy your showcases! Playing again just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant card! I must admit, when I first saw it, I thought the little mouse was sleeping on a pile of chocolate mini eggs. I must be in Easter mode!

    Great picks, I'm especially in awe of Cara with her paper piecing. What patience she has!

    Will be back to play later and will be a Yes Please for the lovely prize. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Miss! Tried very hard to upload but internet connection is as bad as I fel after drinking all Sarn's hooch.. so no idea if it's worked or not.
    Lovely little mouse and jelly beans and a great week for the showcases too! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for a new challenge. For me a YES for the beautiful prizes.
    Gr, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  34. lovely card, such a sweet image!
    Yes for the prize please.
    hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have just added my card Di so please may I be entered into the draw for just the dies. Thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is sooo cute! That little guy looks like he is having a great nap. Would love to be entered to win, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGosh I love, love your card, I just love House Mouse and need to get mine out...such a cute and adorable card (these are the best kind of mice right?...I am a freak about the other kind...lol) Fabulous picks again this week, too! And of course yes, yes to the prize....little mousers and SW..yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This really is such a fun image! I have finally broke down and bought a couple of house Mouse stamps. I always love them when I see them on any post...so perhaps will get one done up soon.

    I like the bold use of colours...after all they are jelly beans! lol The spotty paper is perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Me again...Forgot to say yes please for the prize draw!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Here I am Miss . . . got some of my gold stars pasted on my card!
    Please thrown my number into the Random Number Generator's hat this week.

    Thanks,

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous card as always Di l love the thought of thouse jelly beans l can taste them myself ...lol another array of gorgeous cards by all and many congrats to the winner x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aww! Too cute! Love this image with your beautiful coloring!
    Congrats to winner and such beautiful picks!
    Count me in for the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a contented little mouse and sweet card (pun intended!) Lovely picks again this week. Just playing for fun again, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Di, your card could be me - I could easily overdose on jelly beans if I kept them in the house! LOL What a cute and fun card! Thanks for shining your spotlight on my card this week, I'm truly honored to be among such talented crafters! Huge congrats to Craftychris on her win too! I'm playing just for fun this week, but thanks just the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Di, I linked up another card - I just like your visits to my blog so much ;) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cornelia, I left you a second comment on your blog post.

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  46. So cute card Di. Love it!
    Yes for wonderful prize, please.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. How sweet is that House Mouse! I do exactly that with Haribo Tangfastics...Lovely picks and yes please to fab prize. Have a lovely day! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, who could resist those cute candy loving mice? You cute polka dotted paper is the perfect combo with that pile of jelly beans...an adorable card! Yes please to your prize and I'm off to create!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well I love jelly beans and I love cute House mouse designs so I say yes please to this week's prize. Your card is so sweet and fun, and all of the weekly picks are fantastic! So much talent in this group makes it really fun to see what everyone created. Thanks for always inspiring me Di!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your little jelly bean card is so adorable Di! I love House Mouse designs, but don't own any. So I'm playing along this week! I love, love, love all the beautiful pics from this week. I never tire of all the talent in this group. I even learn things when I come here. gasp! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  51. I second everyone else's "Yes, Please!!" to the lovely prize bundle with the adorable little Hice Mice!

    Your sweet card with all the colorful jellybeans is just wonderful. Makes me want to reach right in there and get a treat myself....even though the mouse already found the stash! Eek!

    I went a little crazy using scraps today for my card....even used a vegetable scrap!!! lol...

    Hope you are feeling better!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great picks from last week entries - Congrats also to the lucky winner!

    I love your card. Simple look is always much to my taste and that image is sooooo cute.

    There will probably be no card from me this week, but if I end up making one, then of course "yes please" for the prize :)

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  53. So cute! Love that cute House Mouse...reminds me that I should use mine more!
    Yes please for the prize draw x
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love those dies so yes please for the pot. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful cards! I would love to be included for the prize draw. Thanks x Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  56. Yes please to enter the draw great card Di

    ReplyDelete
  57. Yes please for the draw Miss! Wonderful card you created: I do love those cutie pie mices! Great picks, as always too Miss, off to hunt around and see what else I may have missed Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hello Miss Di
    so sorry for my absence but I have been busy fishing my puppy out of our pond....long story...don't ask!!!
    Hope you are on the mend and taking it easy.
    I love your adorable card so yes please for the prize this week. Top picks are all stunning.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Di. Long time no play! Tidying and sorting marathon overtook life for a while... but it had to be done.
    Playing just for fun, my lovely friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Di, Where does the time go? Well I have made it again this week and would love to win the prizes. The mouse is just adorable and the card at the top of this blog is fantastic.
    Have a great day . Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  61. Aaaah super cute image and am loving the colours and layout and would love to be entered in the prize draw too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Another great image and great card, though I fear that mouse is going to have very sticky fur when he/she wakes up!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Again you show us some wonderful cards and wonderful prizes. So I say "Yes please" :)
    Wishing you a nice weekend,

    Hugs, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Di
    I am having trouble entering via Mr Linky. I have tried 3 times. Here is my link http://cottonberrycreations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/playtime.html
    I would love to win the dies.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Di. It was playing silly B....... and has now gone through.

      Shirley

      Delete
  65. A very cute image on your card Di, and great colouring of all those jelly beans. Some really lovely cards in your showcase this week too.
    I'm playing for fun this week thank you.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  66. A super cute card Di, wonderful picks too. I'm saying yes please this week :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  67. Super adorable card. Please count me in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.