Sunday 15 March 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 168

I found some snippets in the back of my much loved DCWV 'Mariposa' paper stack, wahoo:
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank - tent style

- two different snippets from the DCWV 'Mariposa' paper stack, just cut to size and popped onto the card front

- to hide the join used a piece of ribbon (from Hobbycraft) with the sentiment 'thankyou X' along it - and to hide where the ribbon wraps round the card and is adhered to the inside of the card front, I just cut a slightly smaller piece of card than the front and stuck that inside

- then cut a little blue butterfly out of the last little snippet I had and just popped it onto the 'label' on the bottom part of the card.

- then went over the wings of all the butterflies with clear 'Wink of Stella'

Little tip, I knew that cutting the feelers on the blue butterfly was going to be very tricky, so I gave it my best shot and then just used a blue Whispers pen to colour the feelers once the whole thing was cut - it hides the fact that they aren't cut 100% accurately :)

Swiftly onto this week's picks:

I just love, love, love this gorgeous card, made by Lucy to celebrate today - which over here is Mothering Sunday. So many pretty elements!

The dimensions and vibrancy of Elly's lovely creation caught my eye straight away. When you hop over to take a closer look, be sure to turn on 'translation' and then you'll really appreciate just how much work went into making this!

This card was made by Jane, using her X-cut 'Nautical' die set (won recently in the Playground) with the most fabulous 'encaustic art' background. Put simply, encaustic art is a way of painting using wax and heat BTW. I actually have this gorgeous card on my desk here (thank you again Jane!) and it's even lovelier in real life!

And last, but by now means least - just look at these wonderful Easter egg 'baskets', made by Kate. Aren't they just fabulous?! I did giggle, as Kate lives in Spain she's a bit unsure as to whether these will sell well at the craft events she's taking them to. But, she did wryly say that she has an in-house chocolate eater who would be quite happy if she brings them home again :)

This next part is a serious plea for you all to pray and send positive thoughts to Brenda L, who is one of our much loved playmates. The news of her husband Dwayne's illness isn't good right now and she needs all the love and support we can give please.

And now for the prize draw for last week - the lovely Penny Black 'Hide-out' stamp kindly donated by Eve. The winner is:
Well done Cornelia! That little hedgie will be on his way to you just as soon as I get to the Post Office, I don't have a copy of your address from your last win - in week 120 which is almost a year ago, so this was well due. Can you please drop me an email to: di_wray@hotmail.com with your address!

I do know of at least one loyal little Playmate who has been playing with us for nine months on end now, and to date just hasn't been lucky in the Random Draw. I truly wish everyone could be a winner but please be patient and keep playing!

And this coming week's prize is a lovely set of Stampin' Up stamps kindly donated by Vicky:
I do know that's it's a discontinued Hostess set, which I think makes it all the more desirable - I know that I would love to win it :) My favourite has to be the little baby's 'onesie', so cute. There are six stamps in the set, all ready for you to mount onto the supplied wooden blocks. Thank you so much Vicky!

The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 21st March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'Yes please' (or similar) in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Di and of course, Parsnip!
x

52 comments:

  1. Aww thank you lovely Di it always makes my day when you show my cards! :-) xx
    What a beautiful butterfly card! Those butterflies are stunning especially the little blue one you cut out! They are always so fidly to fussy cut aren't they!
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis beautiful Miss. Love that additional little butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by # 26.
    Not feeling too good at present, hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and I would love to win that adorable SU! Set :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Congrats to Cornelia!

    Your cards is so pretty, Di. Those papers are lovely and well done for getting into the challenge in the early days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty Di. Such lovely papers and top marks for the cut out butterfly!

    Congrats to Cornelia on her win.
    LOVE all the showcased items.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely words Di.
    Your card is gorgeous, love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB makes again today, Di

    Just uploaded my entry

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Di and a great tip about the feelers. Will be in the playground soon, but just playing for fun this week.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Di is your card what gorgeous backround papers and stunning butterflies truly another of your amazing makes ......fab showcase congrats all and well done Cornelia enjoy your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing the display of cards in the playground always gives a lift to my Sunday mornings - especially when one of them's mine! (I see the bribery worked )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di your butterfly card is gorgeous I love the papers you have used. The picks this week are also gorgeous. Yes please to the prize it is yummy. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pattern paper you used for Mrs. A's challenge is gorgeous, Di! Congrats to everyone who was spotlighted this week. I hope to get in the running for this weeks prize!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgous card Di and what amazing picks - love that boat.
    I'm just here for a bit of fun again this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lock your doors and windows - want that set!!! LOL
    Love your card Di - have those papers - something else never used {sighs}
    Great picks as always and well done to everyone - (just a special mention to Jane - I was so pleased to see what she had made with that die set - awesome work and glad it went to a home where it could be appreciated - rather than here where it was unloved!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card with the 'Mariposa' paper and the fussy cut butterfly. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card Di and love the papers and ribbon, and some lovely highlights again this week, and really love that ship Jane made with her playground win. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot, congratulations to Cornelia for her win this week. x

      Delete
  17. That's some pretty paper (2 p's) and beautiful butterflies! I can't believe you cut those tiny antennae! Great picks as always and big congrats to Cornelia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty butterfly card! That reminds me I need to make a butterfly card to play over at Mrs. A's too! Congrats to the winner and picks! Yes to the prize - and thank you to Vicky for providing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must remember to add my name in the 'comment as' box before I start typing a comment as it disappears if you don't :(
    Anyway as I was saying just now---
    I love your beautiful butterfly card Di and well done for picking such amazing showcases - my goodness they belong in the reception area so all of the parents can see them!!

    A big 'YES PLEASE' to the SU prize draw.

    Hope you have a fabulous week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card with some pretty papers. Good tip with the butterfly feelers too. Andree (Guest Designer Butterfly Challenge #26)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just playing for fun this week Miss. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you have had a lovely Mother's Day my playground Mummy, you have more troublesome kids than all of us put together. No names, no pack drill.
    Love your card and all your fab picks this week, well every week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome entry for Mrs. A's current Butterfly challenge. I love this Mariposa stack & you've used it brilliantly. Love the 2 pattern combos and those great butteflies. Also see some lovely highlights - will try to get back for a closer look. Thanks for the support request comment for Brenda L, and what a cutie prize this time. Hope I can get something to join in the fun. Big hugs. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, those butterflies are GORGEOUS - fluttering over your fab card, Di! And all those wonderful projects you picked again to showcase! And I did not believe my eyes - that little hedgie is coming to me - how sweet is that! He will love it in my house! Don't put me into this weeks drawing - don't want to be picked twice in a row....

    ReplyDelete
  25. These butterflies are very gorgeous with pretty papers, love it!
    Wonderful showcased projects! Yes please, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have that mariposa stack too... maybe I should dig it out...
    Loved Lucy's sewing machine card!
    Yes please for the prize draw x
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for showcase my card.
    I entered a new one for the new challenge,and a yes pleace to the lovely prize.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous butterfly card Di! I have that stack and rarely use it! (tsk tsk I know) Congrats to Cornelia on her win - woot woot! And my goodness, what wonderful showcased cards this week! Such incredible inspiration and craftiness from the playmates again this week!
    I'm playing just for fun this week, so no thanks to the prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card there Miss and great picks. Well done to Cornelia.
    I am playing just for fun this week.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. You know I also have that stack but have never once used it! Love all the picks this week, such a range of talents. I'm playing for fun this time round.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, Di--one of my favorite cards! This is gorgeous! Amazing picks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What beautiful picks Di! I also love your card. I have put my Mariposa stack somewhere 'safe' and I still can't find the thing - although I don't mind that too much because I've been hoarding it for home decor/altering/canvas projects! No thank you for the stamps - I'm here JFF! Have a good week Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the thumbs-up again this week Di. I do love that sewing machine card too. My sister Jean will like that one. She is the one who sews.
    I love your butterflies, especially the lower red/pink section which I think could stand alone as a card, but the whole think is lovely too. I was sitting here thinking about what i can make for this challenge too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your butterfly scene! I have grand visions of joining Mrs. A's butterfly challenge but never make it so you are way out-pacing me! That nautical boat scene is just incredible! Have fun in the playground and try not to whisper too many mean things about me.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Does scraps of copy paper for masking the hills count Miss?! Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. I did use up an oddment of cream card to make the envelope Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is such a pretty design, Di! I have that paper pack, too, and think it's the best for making beautiful last-minute cards. You've done a superb job picking the spotlights! Thank you for asking for prayers for our little Brenda and Dwayne. It would be so wonderful if they could get a miracle. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super card, Di - love it. I'm finding it a bit difficult to fit in all the crafting I need/want to do, but making sure I come to the playground - if only to have a sit and a natter and perhaps five minutes on a swing ... I need something like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card Di, it has a lovely vintage feel.

    Congratulations to Cornelia on her win. Super picks this week, Di....Kate's Easter basket are SO cute!

    Just playing for fun this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, your butterfly card is gorgeous Di! And I am bowled over by your week's pick, especially Jane's amazing seascape! So much inspiration!!! Congrats to the winner and Yes, I would love to be up for the prize. Just have to squeeze in some craft time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip,
    Yes please if I'm lucky.
    Love your super snippets creation this week, and what very fab paper used.
    Great picks of the week, they are all so very wonderful, and cleverly designed.
    Congrats to the winner.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have entered 3X. Please add my name into the drawing for this fun stamp set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Miss, Miss, Miss.... said it 3 times in case you 'missed' me... I've had another go this week - 'cos I really really like this set! LOL
    Am a bit like a bus aren't I?? Go 'missing' for ages then two come along at once. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just playing for fun this week, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the pretty papers that you used on your lovely snippets card his week. Congratulations to Cornelia for winning the little hedgie, and to the other showcased entries. Kate is right I do especially like Lucy's sewing themed card. I have just entered my card but i am playing for fun this week thank you.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes pleasey to the prize my lovely Di just entered the playground! :-)
    Have a baaaa-rilliant day lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm back at last - Mr Mojo has been hibernating this week (actually if it gets much colder I think I'll do the same). Just playing for fun this week
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card Di, that Mariposa paper is divine.
    As per usual I will say Yes Please to prize draw : )

    ReplyDelete
  48. Popped by with another card. I am actually getting some creative time now...Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your vintage style card Di. Mr Linky still won't let me link up :( https://pippapblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/easter-is-coming/

    ReplyDelete
  50. The card is so pretty Di -- great choice in papers.
    Skipping the prize draw as I just won.

    ReplyDelete
  51. That mariposa stack has been on my wish list for a couple of years, but every time I come to UK, there are too many other things to buy. Maybe next time...
    I am just playing this week Di Thanks. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.