Friday 18 February 2011

Pay It Forward Thank You card

On Thursday 3rd February, a day late for WOYWW, I posted about the lovely hand sewn gifts that Wipso sent me in Pay It Forward.

Such generosity deserved a special card to say thank you and this is what I made and sent off:


The card is a scalloped one from Craftwork Cards topped with some pretty paper from my stash - also from Craftwork Cards. I had a first proper play with one of Santa's presents to me (a mini sewing machine from John Lewis - in fuschia pink of course!) and sewed a border of zig zag stitch round the coloured paper before rounding the corners and mounting it onto the card itself. The frame behind the image was die cut using a Nestie die, the lace is from my stash, as are the flowers which I topped with buttons threaded with embroidery thread. The dinky little scissors were tied with a piece of seam binding from The Ribbon Girl and the sentiment is a Whimsy ticket, die cut using their super newish die cut for tickets.

The little mouse is of course The Tailor of Gloucester - coloured using Aquamarkers. And it seemed totally appropriate for such a talented lady who produces some stunning designs along with her sister Twiglet

I added a slightly 'cheesy' (ha, ha - mouse, get it!!) sentiment inside just saying 'Thank you sew much for your kindness'. Wipso, aka Annie, said some really sweet things when she got the card so I think I got it right :)

I now have visions of the pair of them perched just like this little mouse, on their sewing reels, having a quick coffee break and dreaming up new ideas for their online shop!

Di
x
.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sat here chuckling now....[You've obviously not seen me]....It would need to be a pretty sturdy cotton reel :-)
    We have already made a couple of matching sets of.. a baby wipes cover, a needle/pin book and a pin cushion so plans are going well so far. Lots of other items are planned but not yet made :-)
    Mr Tumble is being finished this morning :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on going - it all sounds exciting stuff! Squeak, squeak! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! That's us - two meeses sitting on little cotton reels sipping coffee and chattering away as we design all sorts of gorgeous stuff for our lovely card making friends! That card is so lovely - even better in real life! have a great weekend - x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Di!
    How lucky are we getting those splendid goodies! LOve the card you have made! Really pretty! Thanks for becoming my follower, I am now your too! C u soon!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet comments Annie, Jo and Lavinia! That's what keeps us all going - only second to the drive to create! Have a great weekend big hugs! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable. Love the lace and your coloring is superb.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card,I love that little taylor of gloucester! I'm sure that Wipso will be delighted with it! Have a great weekend,Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and an adorable iamge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw cheers for the tip about the red tape for the bows and stuff! Much appriciated, I have seen it about & will got a roll next time I have am on-line shop!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.