Sunday 11 July 2010

Paper roses

I've been wanting to try this idea out for a while. Last weekend I nipped into our local Hospice Shop and found a French Dictionery for the grand amount of 75p. This is what I did:

1. Tear out a couple of pages per rose. The dictionery was quite battered so I don't feel too guilty about attacking it!




2. Spray the pages with Memory Mists - I used Pale Ale and Strawberry Daiquiri. I've had the Mists for ages and had never used them until now - need practise I think as it came out a bit blotchy :(



3. Once the pages are dry (they took forever due to my heavy handedness!) then punch out two flower shapes per rose using a large Woodware punch.



4. Then snip petal pieces out as shown in the piccie - I concentrated on the Strawberry Daiquiri rose for now.




5. Now it begins to take shape - overlap and glue the petals as you can see in the piccie - good old fashioned paperclips come in handy at this stage. The two small centre pieces were sort of rolled together after I'd taken this piccie. The bottom end of all pieces should then be snipped off so that the rose will sit flat.




6. Finally, the rose was assembled working from the outside in using Hi-Tack glue to hold the centres of the layers together and curling the petals as I went.

7. Et voilĂ , c'est fini!




Things I would do differently - before assembling I'd 'sparkle' the edges of the petals, it's too tricky once it's done (for me at least). Have been a naughty girl and ordered some Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads online along with a pack of ordinary water Mister Sprays. From what I've seen I think Tim's luscious colours will be just right for more of these roses - they are quite big, about 2" across...so I'll just have to make some bigger cards won't I?!

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh these are cute! I don't have the punches but am wondering if I could use my little ole Cuttlebug to do a similar thing? Can you hear my brain ticking? LOL! Look forward to seeing what you do with these now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! At least you have a machine for die cutting that hasn't been in 'battle' :( Am sure you'll come up with something, tick, tick, tick.......... Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.