Monday 3 May 2010

Get well card


I made this card in a bit of a rush for a friend who has just had a total hip replacement. She's doing well and I can empathise as I've also been there and got the T-shirt - four and a half years ago now! It gave me my active life back and I'm so grateful.

I used the 'Hoot The Owl' Get Well Stamp by Joanna Sheen http://joannasheen.com/.
I like the fact that Joanna's on-line shop doesn't charge for P & P - I think the minimum order is £5 - plus their service is very quick.

The image was coloured the image using watercolour pencils - def. need more practise with shading etc, and more shades of brown.....poor Hoot does have a bit of an orange tinge :( but then he is meant to be a bit off-colour, lol!.

The background paper is from my stash, peachy orange Card Candy from Craftwork Cards and the peachy organza ribbon came from Joanna Sheen's online shop. They have everchanging special offers, just a few things at a time, and this reel of 15mm x 5m Organza Ribbon was reduced from £1.99 to 99p. Not bad huh when you can pay 39p upwards for just a metre in one well known craft store I go to.

Thanks for stopping by!

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.